Post-Mohs Reconstruction in Charlotte
Dr. Haque works with a variety of Mohs surgeons in Charlotte. After having Mohs surgery to remove a skin cancer lesion, Dr Haque can perform your post-Mohs reconstruction surgery. It is important to understand that there is no one “formula” for performing post-Mohs reconstructive surgery since the locations, amounts, and types of tissues affected are different from patient to patient. He will coordinate care with your Mohs surgeon, dermatologist and oncologist to ensure that you have a smooth, integrated approach to your skin cancer care.
Post-Mohs Reconstruction Techniques
There are a number of potential techniques used for reconstruction of the Mohs defect. The specific technique will depend on your personal situation, including size and placement. Dr. Haque will discuss this with you during your consultation. He also will review pre- and post- operative instructions and follow up with you after the surgery to ensure that you are healing properly.
Some techniques include:
- Flap techniques (the most commonly used technique in post skin cancer facial reconstruction)
- Bone grafting (Bone is taken from the skull and shaped to be placed into the excision site.)
- Cartilage grafting (The most common donor site is the ear, but rib cartilage is also used.)
- Tissue expansion (used in a small percentage of cases)
- Skin grafts (used infrequently for facial reconstruction)
Regardless of the techniques used, Dr Haque will work to ensure that the resulting suture line is positioned to follow the natural creases and curves of the face and body in order to minimize the appearance of your scar.
Scheduling post-Mohs reconstruction in Charlotte
To learn more about reconstruction after Mohs surgery or to schedule your appointment, Contact Us today.